Friday, May 25, 2012

Camp Kern weekend with Dad


 Most moms look forward to a weekend of Mother's Day Brunches and being showered with family for the day.  I, on the other hand, look forward to an empty, quiet house with no one there but me.  It may sound harsh, but with me homeschooling my girls and a husband that travels, I truly am ecstatic to make a to-do list a mile long that I want to accomplish~ the whole time wearing my jammies!  They are home Mother's Day morning, by 10 am, so then we have the whole day together, it couldn't be more perfect!  For a few years, Ellie wasn't old enough, so we had the weekend together.  Next year, Erika will be too old for Indian Princess so I will be with her.  This year, all three were with their daddy.  You can imagine how long my to-do list was having a house to myself!



 Indian Princess is a Father/Daughter group that has functions/activities once a month from anything like University of Dayton Basketball Games to Ice Skating to Camp outs.  "One of the greatest gifts a father can give a daughter is quality time spent together."  With Rob having three girls, it has been perfect memories together.
 The slogan for Indian Princess is Friends Always."  They have specific aims they focus on for the year that each of the girls memorize:
Aims of the Indian Princesses
1. To be clean in body and pure in heart.
2. To be friends always with my father/daughter.
3. To love the sacred circle of my family.
4. To listen while others speak.
5. To love my neighbor as myself.
6. To seek and preserve the beauty of the Great Spirit's work in forest, field and stream.
 These pictures are from Camp Kern's Camp out this year.  Rob was the "chief" of all the tribes in Montgomery and Warren County.  The thrill for the girls is to see their Daddy jump the fire.  Good times!

 They have a different theme each year and decorate their cabins~ this year it was red, white and blue in honor of our soldiers.








 Rob gets to come across the lake in the dark and everyone chants as he comes running in... Em got to ride with him this year!



Archery, horseback, zip lining, canoeing (where Erika's phone and camera are at the bottom of the lake- another blog post) and all kinds of fun activities are planned for the weekend.  They have rituals at the campfire with goofy songs they sing for weeks afterward...  it's all about the memories!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome is that? Those are memories your girls will have forever. :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete