Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Dumping Ground

The Dumping Ground.
     I'm not lazy.  On the contrary.  I am always busy straightening up Barbie dolls, sorting clothes that all look the same size, picking up mini dishes from the latest tea set, and adding knick knacks to the basket on the steps for the girls to take upstairs.  With three girls at three different schools, the papers seem endless, not sure which paper came from which school.  I am constantly moving from one mess to another, rarely finishing anything before the next crisis was tackled.  It seems like I just follow my kids around trying to keep up with their piles of discarded toys, clothes and food crumbs. 
     I know the principles of organizing.  But life is still a series of unwashed dishes, unanswered phone calls, and unsightly piles of dirty clothes.  I've decided to attack the problems head-on.  My goal is to be able to handle my housework while enjoying the freedom I need and want for other activities. I need to simplify, clean out, organize!  Room by room, closet by closet, drawer by drawer.  Now if I can actually organize, and not take everything out, make a new pile, and put it back in!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment