Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First/Last Day of School





             First Day of School for the girls...  Kindergarten, second and fifth grade!
 

















Where did the year go?!




Looking back on the year and the transition they made from private to public, the girls did beautifully!  Erika going into Middle School, yikes, could have had such a hard time, and she picked up right where she left off in second grade.  Ironically, finding the same little group of friends she had at Bowman, and even made some more great friendships!  So proud of her!  I couldn't have picked better friends for her. 
It's crazy how I worried the least about Emily, and she was the one who had the hardest time.  She missed her teacher (an angel) that she had for the last two years, and her friends tons.  I was so consumed with Erika starting Middle School, that I had forgotten that all Emily knew was The Academy.  This year she had 17 boys in her class and only 5 other girls.  slim pickins.  But of course Emily made the most of it and her teacher couldn't get enough of her. She's a shining star, and a day doesn't go by that I thank God for her.
Ellie, forget kindergarten, she's ready for the world!  We lucked out and she got who Erika had for kindergarten; a legend.  She had a rough Fall and Winter with her asthma, with her teacher even texting me to see how she was doing.  She had a great year, except for the fact that there were 28 kids in her class, and I'm pretty sure you just survive day to day with that number.  Not much phases Ellie, she absolutely loves school. 
We are so blessed, and I definitely think God was looking out for us this year as we went from an incredible school to another great school, just not the same. 
Here are a couple fun shots I grabbed, that I didn't want to forget:  (wish I was better at making a slideshow, maybe this summer) 





                         Happy Summer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment