Monday, July 12, 2010

Downtown

Well, us girls hit the town- downtown Lebanon, that is!  We had a few days where it was the perfect 75 degree weather, and when I asked the girls what they wanted to do on such a gorgeous day, (I was preparing for a trip to the zoo) they squealed, "Lebanon shops!"  So off we went!  Allowance in hand, agenda in mind, and giddy with excitement as to what shop to hit first.  Our favorite is the Enchanted Village, but I tried to explain to the girls that we need to spread the money around a bit- just to keep it fair.  We visited two new stores that we adored and found some great "giant pears" for the kitchen.  We stopped at Whit's for ice cream, then went to Oh Suzanna (which my mom tells me is closing- it was hard enough for Fella Bella to close their doors, but Oh Suzanna is also an icon in Lebanon.  I hate to see it all happening before my eyes. 
Anyways, the girls were determined to find a "good buy" and find a Vera Bradley "something!"  They get it honestly.  Not that I'm proud of that- I was 35 when I bought my first Vera bag- can't believe my girls save their nickel and dimes to buy a handbag as well.  Ellie looked at me with the utmost reasoning in her voice, "But mom!  I am six and I have yet to carry a Vera bag of my own!"  (yikes!) 
Each bag perfectly decribes their personality, and they definitely had fun picking them out.  Erika decided on a navy blue and pink lunchbag that was a "steal", Em wanted a wristlet in the same print as her Nana, and Ellie, welll Ellie just picked this hideous purple print- oh my! 
 It's the memories that count, right?!



No comments:

Post a Comment