Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

                                                    ten on tuesday......

1. On one of those perfect 75 degree summer days last week, the girls and I hit the downtown lebanon shops.  We did everything girls love to do: went to the library and checked out a couple great summer reads and filled out our summer reading list, checked out a couple new shops, checked out the vera bradley sale at "oh susanna," and grabbed a frozen yogurt at Whit's.  Found a few pieces of wall art at the pink hippo from the kelly rae roberts collection for the girls' bathroom.  Trying to get them excited about using their own bathroom to get ready in, instead of mine.  Thought maybe an update would help.  Today Ellie and I went to target while the girls were at golf camp and found a shower curtain and towels.  So tonight, erika yells down after her shower, "Mom, the bathroom pictures do not match the shower curtain!  Why didn't you take me with you?!?"  Live and learn.  so I guess the shower curtain goes back. 
2. Things have definitely slowed down here since school has been out, and we are loving every minute of it.  We were playing the "ungame," last night and one of the questions was "If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on and why?"  ellie said flip flops, just because. Emily said, a horse farm and donate the rest.  hmmm
3. At target, (should really stay away from target!) i found a chair em has been wanting for her room.  a great deal, i thought, so i had to get it.  doesn't really match her room, but that's no worries, it's a comfy chair for her to read in!  So today as she cuddled up in it, she squirmed and re-positioned as she tried to find the right "reading position." and she said, "It's just not going to work. My neck hurts, my legs can't get comfortable, I need something else.  It's pretty, I just need a better reading chair, sorry mom."  (I didn't want to look at her and ask, "so just what does that reading chair look like?"
4. Ellie had her silly bands on her arm, and she said, "Just look at the colors, mom.  now that is art."
5. Am I really celebrating (is that the word?) my 20th year reunion this weekend?  It will be so wonderful seeing old friends, but at the same time, I am disappointed in my weight and wished I looked 1990ish again (without the hair)
6. Thinking the screened porch really helps put things in perspective for Rob and I.  Love sitting out there, listening to nothing, and enjoying his presence.  
7. just went in to let the girls know it's bedtime, and they are all crying over the extreme makeover home edition.  
8. I love that ellie is still young enough (at least she thinks she is!) to still pee in the yard while playing in the sprinkler.
9.  Can't wait to get our Mexico pics in my hands- love digital photography, just wish I ordered them more often!
10. Emily loves reading http://devotionsbycarly.blogspot.com- she actually gets her Bible out and reads and reflects on what Carly says.  Carly is one of Erika's friends sisters that writes this blog and does a wonderful job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment