Friday, March 4, 2011

Mommy's shoes, skyping and Wacky Wednesday


Can you believe that is my shoe Ellie is wearing? !  My girls are obsessed with walking around the house in my shoes.  They love playing school and house in them.  Today Ellie decided it would help her write better when we were doing her homework.  Too cute!


Testing various juices with iodine to see if they contain Vitamin C at our Science class.
Working on drawing realistic pictures


Emily finally got to skype with her friend that moved last summer to Canada.  She misses her so much, but seeing and hearing her on skype helps.  The conversation was priceless.  They talked about the weather and time differences, school, and Ellie came in and showed them how her tooth was loose and wiggled it for them- her face was up against the computer, she showed her the dresses they were going to wear to the Father/Daughter dance they have tomorrow night.  It helped Emily feel reconnected- sometimes they would just not say anything and just smile at each other. 

The girls had Kayla, their cousin, spend the night and they set up a spa. They dimmed the lights, had battery-operated candles, played classical music and rubbed me all over- heavenly!

The girls gave Rob a little more "rough" back massage- they were a bit more wound up for him!  They did have fun rubbing lotion on him and putting hot compresses on his head.  It was hilarious!
It was Wacky Wednesday this week for Ellie at school.  She was soooo excited and went all out!  I was proud of her, because my other two were a bit more reserved on their Wacky days in the past.  Right before I dropped her off, she squatted on the floor of the van, and said, "I can't do it- I can't go in!  What if nobody else is dressed up, what if they tease me?"  She was so nervous and I just told her if anyone says anything just smile and tell them it's Wacky Wednesday.  It was only for her class, so others were not wacky as she saw them outside walking in.  She bravely stepped out, and gave me the cutest smile ever.  When I picked her up, she started bawling.  There were only two others in her class that did it and they were just wearing a hat.  Even her teacher didn't dress up.  Ellie said she would never dress wacky again, even if it was Wacky Wednesday.  It broke my heart.  One of the disappointments and learning experiences of growing up....

1 comment:

  1. Really, even the teacher did not dress up? Come on, teacher. ... Poor Ellie, I liked her wacky get up. Next year ...

    ReplyDelete