Friday, October 9, 2009

Date Night with Daddy

Emily. Emmers. Half-pint. Emmy. My sweet girl turns 8. 8!!! As she rolled over this morning, stretched, and whispered with a smile, "Only two days till my date with Daddy." I smile and squeeze her. She finds the positive in everything. With Daddy not here on her birthday since it is during the week, she made plans with her Daddy to go on a date, and she wants a fancy dress and a steak. That's her request. She doesn't ask for much. Ever.

In Daddy's Arms
in daddy's arms i am tall
and close to the sun and warm
in daddy's arms.
in daddy's arms i can see Granny's sunset
i can touch the bottom leaves of her maple tree
in our front yard
in daddy's arms
in my daddys arms the moon is close
closer at night time when i can almost touch it
when it smiles back at me from the wide twinkling skies
in daddy's arms i am tall
taller than Uncle Bri and my friends Erica and Katie
taller than Papaw
and best of all
i am taller than erika, my big sister
in my daddys arms
i am strong and brave like daddy laughing
happier than Caesar our neighbors' dog
when i pet him
when daddy spins me round and round
and the whole world is crazy upside down
i am big and strong and proud like him
in daddy's arms
my daddy
(Written especially by Emily, 8 years old)

No comments:

Post a Comment