Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Fall- I think!!!

With the flu hitting us a couple weeks ago, I feel I've been out of touch with my favorite holiday of the year. I'm a sucker for a good trip with lots of pictures to our local pumpkin patch, but this year somehow it slipped through our fingers. The flu hit us hard, and I keep wanting to "think" I'm feeling better, along with my youngest two, but the aches and coughing seem to linger much longer than we're wanting them to.
Cabin fever has started way before it needs to, but when you take your child out and she is hacking and coughing (although fever-free for way over 24 hours!!!) I feel the cough is as bad as the fever. So cabin we are bound.
Emily trudged back to school, although i loved having her home with me, and I could've easily gotten used to that! Today I was to help in her classroom and I love being there.... so with Ellie still home, my mom came to the rescue. I shower, and "look" like I'm ready for the world, sucking on a cough drop and a gallon of water, hoping her teacher doesn't notice my hacking cough. I love being at school, hearing the conversation, putting all the pieces together, making sense of it all, oh... and helping Miss Fitz! Emily's occassional hug and wink made every cough under my breath worth it!!!
Needless to say, I come home from school today and can actually "smell" when I walk in our house. It smells like Fall. Love it! Pumpkin bread. Ellie made pumpkin bread with Nana. Love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment