Friday, April 16, 2010

Easter Blessings

At Easter I will decorate eggs with lots of bright colors...
But Jesus is the one who colors my world every day.
"The Heavens tell of the glory of God!" Ps. 19:1
At Easter I will buy sweet treats to share with my friends...
But Jesus is the on who shares all my thoughts and feelings.
"You know my every thought." Ps. 139:2
At Easter I will hunt for eggs...
But Jesus never has to hunt for me- he always know right where I am.
"Every moment you know where I am." Ps. 139:3
At Easter I see new life all around me...
But Jesus' new life on that first Easter morning is what I celebrate.
"He isn't here! He has risen from the dead!" Luke 24:6
On Easter I will dress in new clothes and get a basket full of surprises...
but knowing Jesus loves me is the best gift I will ever receive.
"The free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord." Ro 6:23
Yes, Easter is filled with good things bright and new...
but I can praise Jesus for giving me new life every day of the year!
"I am the resurrection and the life" John 11:25
Ham, Easter eggs, and cute pictures may be fun, but the fact that HE IS RISEN is the real reason our family gathered together to celebrate!  Thank you, Lord, for the new life that we have in your son, Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment