Monday, September 27, 2010

The Work of Faith

I went to a retreat this past weekend and I can't begin to tell you what I got out of it.  First of all, I have never been to a retreat, so I had no set expectations.  But then I got there and experienced it, and loved every second of it.  One of the women that went that I had met on a couple other occasions, received a mustard seed encased in an antique glass bulb on a chain.  I asked her about it and she said, don't you know the story about the grain of mustard?  I stupidly said no, and she went on to tell me the story.  
How crazy is this?!  I ordered a subscription for my girls to receive every other week from church for them to refer to and as we were reading it, we came across the story of the mustard seed.  Pretty cool how God works.
In the Bible, the disciples ask Jesus to give them more faith.  He goes on to tell them that if they had a tiny bit of faith, even the size of a mustard, that they could command a great big tree to move!  When God made my girls, they were no bigger than a mustard seed and then they grew and grew!  Then, as they are growing, faith makes them grow strong in love and to work hard to live like Jesus.  These are my seeds.


Can't quite figure out how to "twist the pictures" when I scan them, but here is my group for my retreat that gave me a whole new perspective in life (I pray meeting with these dear new friends, my faith  continues to refresh and renew throughout each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment