Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Day in the Life of Homeschooling While our neighbor's are on Fall Break!)

Homeschooling on a day where our neighbors are on Fall Break, turned into a mini-school at the Glover's- and we had a blast!  Three neighbor girls came over and they watched Ellie's video lesson on math and asked if they could do it too.  I adapted the lesson for their level, and it was so much fun- I taught one how to add and subtract with a number line, and the other how to regroup.  Then they helped Ellie work on her research project, which was on penguins. 
Emily working on long division...
Emily and her Geography...
Emily researching using the ipad...  we love it!
Time for lunch!
Sadie's a bit bored during the school day...
As I was carrying the camera upstairs to take a picture of Emily and her dolls, I couldn't resist taking a snapshot of our lives at the end of a day.  Such a reflection of our day: Erika's towel from swim team that she carried in and that's where it was left, we got "boo'ed," (one of the girl's favorite things-I'll blog pics later), our library books on the floor, Disney World Book Emily is researching, A Heaven Book I've been reading to the girls- we had to say good-bye to my grandpa last week, bedtime snack, a plant from the ladies in my group at church that I just went to a retreat with over the weekend.  Our lives at a glance.

Emily is my Mother Theresa.  Out of my three girls, she struggles with falling asleep the most.  Since she is reading Harry Potter series, for the second time, reading does not help put her to sleep.  Her favorite thing to do is say the Rosary.  She dedicates each decade to different people, which is so sweet.  I brought her home this book and she loves it!  It takes her saying the rosary one step further with reciting the Mysteries for the different days.  Most mornings, I wake her with her rosary in her bed with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment