Friday, December 2, 2011

Blessings Abound

Thanksgiving at Mom and Dad's

Peyton, my nephew, doing Erika's job (we tease Erika because she would be a vegetarian if we let her- so she was a bit queasy watching Peyton)

Rob's Dad loves his grandkids- how sweet is this?!? 

Rob's brother and his dad getting ready to dig in!


The kids made a sign for Rob's cousin, who is very sick with cancer and in the hospital.  We took a picture and sent it on our phone to hopefully warm her heart a bit. 

Rob's grandma and I


I love Thanksgiving.  The food, the family, the friends.  We are blessed and often do not see it because we are looking for things to show up in our lives in a different way and when they don't, we complain that life has cheated us or passed us by.  Yet, everything that comes to us is a blessing.  Sometimes it comes in a more difficult form, to assist us in seeing the good that is in our lives.  Sometimes I need a gentle reminder from above to awaken me to what is needed.  An issue with a friend reminded me to practice compassion, forgiveness and acceptance.  Losing grandpa last month reminds me to embrace every day, to love our family like there may not be a tomorrow.  Nothing is wasted.  Nothing comes without a meaningful gift attached, even if it seems hard to believe.  This year I am reminded to appreciate what is in our lives rather than pouting about what is not, and see how much life seeks to help us grow spiritually. 

I found this lovely blog with printable gratitude signs.  They are beautiful and profound quotes that help you to reflect on the importance of giving thanks and to Who we should be giving thanks to.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment