Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Handy the Elf

I know, I know, I fell for it.  The elf on the shelf.  Hallmark stores everywhere.  Ya gotta have one!  We fell to the pressure, and all I have to say is .... too cute!   If you don't know the story, it's basically it's a little stuffed elf that watches your kiddos and reports back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve to let Santa know if they've been naughty or nice.  Our lil' Handy hides during the night for the girls to find him in the morning.  The great thing is that they are writing like crazy only to wait patiently for Handy to write back to them during the night.  Not sure if it's "cured" their bickering, but it sure has encouraged their writing!!!!  I have to include a sample writing of Emily and Ellie's letter to Handy- how fun!
(from ellie:)
Will you go to my koosons haws nekst yer?

(from Em:)
Dear Handy, Do you know are names?  If you know are name write them when you write us Glover girls.  Tonight you are going to see my Ant Katie.  I hope you rember her.  I called her and she is exsided to see you.  Do you write in carsiv?  I hope you don't because I can't read carsiv.  Handy were do you work?  Is you r reel name Handy or is that just a nick name?  Handy doesn't sond funny I was just wondring.  We are going to have a lot of fun.  How old are you?  Can you cont to 1000?  Do you know how old Athazar is?( That's Katie's elf) Do you think that I can take you to chrstmas eve at my Nana's house?  I will be home before santa comes to are house.  Are you having a good time?  Love, Emily  (P.S. My name is Emily)

CUTE!!!!  (Notice Handy the elf in the pictures, their new best friend for a month)


No comments:

Post a Comment