Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thumbs up

     Thumbs up- that was her sign to me after each skill she worked on in the pool, looking up at me sitting on the bleachers.  She took gymnastics all year at the Y, but the last 5-week session I put her in swimming.  She was not very happy with me.  "Why would you do that?  I'm good at gymnastics, and I like it, but I'm not good at swimming, and it is not fun at all!"  Needless to say, she went into the class very reluctantly. 
      I reminded her to trust her swim instructor and to try everything.  After bonding and learning to trust her coach after the first class, she couldn't wait to go back!  She said she wished she go every day, all day!  How cool is that?!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we do swimming and gymnastics at the Y too! We love Ms. Liz!!!

    ReplyDelete