Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend



Once upon a time a mommy takes her two girls to the library and then to the Ice Cream Parlor for lunch.  She is feeling tired and sticky-hot carrying her third baby in her belly- yet ecstatic for the life ahead of her.  Mommy is trying to pass the time while they are impatiently waiting for their house to be built and living with her in-laws.  As they are looking over the menu, the mommy notices a family with their head bowed in prayer about to eat their simple little grilled cheese sandwiches in front of them. 
That mommy is me and I say a little prayer myself that I want to meet that mommy.  Two girls with her and pregnant as well.  Months later, while we are admiring our house being built, we notice two girls and
their daddy playing in their front yard, which made us even more excited for our move.  Our old neighborhood had all boys.  As all fairy tales have a happy ending, I realized that we were building in the same neighborhood as the family that I absolutely adored at the Ice Cream Village that day.   And we've lived Happily Ever After...  :) 
Dana and I immediately connect- we graduated in the same year- she went to Lebanon and I went to Edgewood, so we knew some of the same people, we both taught, and we both grew up with the same kind of country-simple-living upbringing.  We each had three girls the same ages, with two husbands with the same interests, and there is not a day that I don't thank God our paths have crossed.  
We've made so many great memories together- cookouts/swim parties like these, as well as an annual lake trip (no kids) where we just relax and just "be."  So thankful for the Cropper family, where great memories are made!

No comments:

Post a Comment