Monday, July 20, 2009

My Dad


My dad is the best. When I think of the kind of person that I strive to be on a daily basis, it would be all the traits of my dad. At the end of the day, I pray to be more patient, less judgmental, and just as trustworthy as my dad. He is 60 and has taken on many roles in his life. I believe God had a planned journey for him. He has had many paths he has chosen, but eventually after testing the waters, it was clearly marked. The goal was easily seen in the distance. He has farmed, owned a gravel pit, went back to school (we were in college together), was a deacon of our church, a chaplin at a hospital, a nurse, and now the Clinical Manager at Hospice of Middletown. I look back over the last two years and realize that God called Dad to be involved in Hospice for a reason. I have lost 3 of my grandparents and my mother-in-law, and Hospice took care of them the last hours of their lives. My dad was there, he was The Rock. He is amazing. Hospice is amazing. Although he deserves to be retired, he is at the prime of his career. In 2004, he followed his calling and became the Founder of Middletwon Hospice. I have so much respect for him, I only hope to have the same effect on people as my dad does. When I think of words that represent my dad, it would be: peace, comfort, and dignity. I love you, dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment