Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rainy Days




I love rainy days in the summer. We are always so busy swimming, visiting friends, going to Kings Island, that it's nice sometimes to have rain slow us down and keep us inside. The girls were so content today hanging out at home. If I asked my girls what they want to do when I spend time with them, they would probably choose for me to play Barbies, set up a store, play house and I'm the little sister, or anything imaginary. Little do they know, I would really prefer to sit and read, play cards or play a board game with them. So mommy won this time, and we played Monopoly. Yes, adult version! I forgot how long it takes to play, but I was surprised at how they hung with it! It probably helped that it was girls version, where they bought boutiques and their game piece was a cell phone or a flip flop. It was fun to see the girls' personality come out as they made decisions buying property. Emily bought everything, no matter how much money she had, and Ellie tended to weigh out how "good" the property was. She didn't want the "cheap" stuff. I have to admit, it was hard to sit for that long and not get things done, but I am so glad I did, making sure I do it more often.

1 comment:

  1. It looks a lot like how we spent our rainy day :-). I actually love rainy days too.

    ReplyDelete