Sunday, July 26, 2009


Rob surprised me last with a night out. Monday we will be married for 13 years, but he's in New Orleans for the week. I was a little bummed about him missing our anniversary, but I know he doesn't have any control over his schedule. His dad took the girls to the Fair, and we enjoyed a night out at The Paragon, and then we watched "The Proposal." Usually when we get a sitter, we have a planned event and we're never alone, so our evening together meant so much. If you know me at all, I love poems and quotes, so here are a few I read and smiled to.


Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without. ~James C. Dobson


A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. ~Paul Sweeney


Home cooking: where many a man thinks his wife is. ~Author Unknown


The highest happiness on earth is marriage. ~William Lyon Phelps


"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person." - anonymous quote


"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu


(And my favorite quote of all:) "The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention." - Richard Warren


2 comments:

  1. aw. Good job Rob.
    Happy Anniversary! Ours is next Sunday, the second. It is 12 years for us. I didn't realize we were only 1 year apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary (very late) :). 13 years -- that is wonderful!
    I love the first quote you have listed by Dobson. It is the reason I was 30 before I got married. I kept waiting for the one I couldn't live without. It took a while, but thankfully I found him. After 6 years of marriage I can still say I can't imagine life without him.

    ReplyDelete