Friday, January 14, 2011

Teaching my Children

There's so much in life to teach my girlies.  The curriculum is endless.  I came across this recently and added some of my own.  Some I can even hear my Mom saying to me.  Here are a handful of basics I hope they carry with them:

You can't change people.
Men like it when you ask them to open the jars.
Make lists.  Lots of them.  And check them off as you get them done.  It feels good.
If you're in a contest, you have to find a way to be different than everyone else.  
Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone.
It's just as easy to fall in love with a rich man as a poor one, Elizabeth.  (this one made me smile)
In a fire, cover your mouth and nose with your T-shirt while you crawl out.
When someone is drowning, don't jump in after them.  find a branch.  
Life is too short.  go for it.
There are plenty of great colleges within a three hundred mile radius from home.  
Talk. Communicate.  Let others hear your voice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment