Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Anticipation


Is it really that our children get anxious for school, or that they are just feeling their parents' anxiety? I have made such an effort to not discuss school (unneccessary information) in front of my girls with their transition after two years from private to public. I know I will be faced with my decision daily, as I continue to keep in touch with friends I don't want to lose touch with as well as hear my girls' daily happenings in their school days. After much discussion with my husband, and incredible amounts of prayers, I've decided to stay home and be mom to my girls and a wife to my husband. I know God has a path for me, and His plan was for me to make the friendships I've made at The Academy, but I've also learned that I need to be home and focus on my family. I found myself engrossed with my profession, and lost focus. In a few years it will be easier. I pray now that my girls forgive me that I sacrificed their education on me being a better mommy and wife. I know they'll be "ok," but I look at this picture that Emily experienced on the 100th day of school, and I only pray she experiences school in Lebanon as meaningful as she did at The Academy.

2 comments:

  1. Your girls will be fine! You are one of the most dedicated Moms I know. You never lost focus on what truly mattered. Your girls were always your focus. Sammy is also in pm Kindergarten. He will leave at 11:00 and they will both get home at 2:30. We need to talk then :-). I must know what they are doing in this picture!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100's day, popping 100 balloons...

    ReplyDelete