Friday, August 28, 2009

My Big Fifth-Grader



Erika, sweet Erika. When did she grow up? I can remember the day she was born like yesterday. She never ceases to make me proud and starting 5th grade was one of those times. She showed lots of apprehension switching schools, but her positive disposition shined through and she had a great first day experience, besides it being hot! (No air conditioning) She said at least she's in the basement! I asked her to give me a few things about this week she would want to share, she smiled and started rolling off her experience...

1. My teacher can get a little strict. She only lets us go to the restroom one time in the afternoon. She's understanding when it comes to helping students when they are having problems, though.
2. The teachers for specials are really nice. This week we spent time just getting to know each other.
3. Switch classes are going to be fun!
4. Locker combinations are pretty tricky! A boy named Mitch who has a locker next to me, helps me. I've tried it at least three times the last two days, and I've only gotten it right once!
4. Lunch is very noisy, but the food is surprisingly good!
5. We have a new bus and it has air conditioning and smells new. I like to ride the bus to school and sit with Brooke, but I am glad my mom is picking me up after school.
6. I am so relieved to be reunited with old friends, we picked up right where we left off! Two are in my class, and I see about 4 more at lunch and recess.

1 comment:

  1. I too remember when she was born...seems like yesterday. 5th grade...wow!

    ReplyDelete