Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Reading



The girls look forward to the library's summer reading club each year. With Erika being our rule follower, she made sure we only read the books that were checked out from the library and you had to read at least 50 pages (chapter book) for it to count as a book. I remember a couple years ago when I dreaded the trips to the library when Ellie would hide in the aisles and I would frantically whisper her name, only to find her with a stack of books pulled off the shelf around her. Now the only difficult thing is being in three different areas of the library and getting the girls to check out only five each. We rarely waited the full two weeks we had before they wanted to go back and get more, and they loved the process of writing their list of books and marking them with stickers. Erika and Emily finished a few weeks ago, and Ellie would have too, she just took longer filling out the sheet, as you can see in the picture she wanted to write each title herself. To celebrate complete the club, they got a fabulous t-shirt they proudly wear often. One of their favorite memories was taking the books over to the Golden Lamb and reading under the gazebo. They are already wondering what next year's theme will be!

2 comments:

  1. wow...I wish my boys loved reading this much! Well, Sam is not even reading yet, but I wish they have the desire. Joshua has never been a huge reader. He will do it when I ask him too, but I never want to force it upon him. Great job Glover girls! :-)

    ReplyDelete