Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You go girl!


My Er-Bear! Ok, so I called her that when she was in kindergarten, maybe even earlier. Now she's in fifth grade, so I guess I need to just say, my Erika! I picture her my little girl, but when I watch her in tennis and swimming, she is so big! It has been fun watching her progress every five weeks to the next level at the Lebanon Y, and seems to really enjoy it. I have never been one to push a sport on any of my children. I feel there is plenty of time for team sports, and to relish in just letting them "grow up." Unfortunately, there is a consequence with this, kids are forced into sports at an earlier age, and it seems so political. With Erika, she is a happy-go-lucky kind of girl that just wants to please her mommy. I am pleased with her just trying it all out, and so she seems to like swimming, tennis and golf. Interestingly, all individual sports. And that's okay. Now she wants to play the flute. Where do we stop?!

No comments:

Post a Comment