Monday, September 21, 2009

My Baby Sister

Katie, my baby sister, is not so "little" anymore! She's the cutest pregnant woman you've ever seen! Having 12 years between us, I will always consider her my little sis, although as I look at her lately, her glow of becoming a mommy in the next 2 months seems to make me overlook the fact that the is "the baby."
In our family, it seems natural to go into the teaching field (all of my aunts are teachers), and Katie falls right into being a "natural." Katie and I had the opportunity (God works in great ways!) to work together with Gina at The Academy and Minds in Motion, a private school and preschool, the last two years. She took care of Elizabeth at the preschool, while I taught at The Academy, where Erika and Emily were. Katie and I were able to work next door to each for two years, it worked out great. If money grew on trees, I would still be at The Academy, no doubt. There is so much I miss. Ironically, Katie and I decided we needed to pour our energy into our homes, but we all know money is not in easy reach.
I love the fact that Katie can call me and say, "I need you to come over," and I'm there. Life changes a bit when God answers your prayers about having a family, and when Katie and Brian weighed out the options, there was no doubt Katie wanted to be home. So babysitting it is. I'm pretty sure I'm a better mom and wife being home. I'm pretty blessed, including having my sisters.


1 comment:

  1. wow, I can't believe that! Katie is going to be a Mommy...I feel really old!

    ReplyDelete