Friday, March 12, 2010

I Hope You Dance



Something about having three girls and loving LeeAnn Womack.  Love her songs, "I Hope You Dance" and "There is a God" (her videos are shown above, just click).  Her words are so emotional and they seem to grab hold of me, making me appreciate all the things in my life.  Her message is beautiful.  Sometimes when I am writing in my girls' journals to them, I don't find any better words to say for them to relate to than relating to songs.   For some reason, I can preach to them time and time again, and I feel like it goes in one ear and out the other. Bbut a song comes on, they hear it once and sing it all day.  Lee Ann Womack has a beautiful message in these songs.  I tell my girls often they are designed with a purpose. 
Emmy- you are truly loved and that I hope you dance :
I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance.
Livin' might mean taking chances,
but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth makin'
I hope you Dance!
 (And I hope you get some dance clothes that fit you, God love ya!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment