Friday, July 16, 2010


So we had a good time, it was nice.  Caught up with some great friends after 20 years.  Wish I would've pulled out the camera just a bit earlier.  What was I thinking?  My camera is usually attached to my hip at every occasion- sometimes even at home, even when I'm making luch- just so I don't miss anything.  Well, here, for my 20th - that I had no set expectations for, feeling very overweight and not-so-proud of my physical state, I did feel the need to still go to see my friends from some of the best years of my life.  It's hard committing going to your 20th!  All everyone sees is your appearance, because they don't know the life you've lived for the last twenty years.  So, as happy/content/fulfilled as I was on the inside, to show up at your 20th a little droopy in places and a lot in others, it's pretty hard to suck it up and head on over to face everyone head on!  After catching up with so many familiar faces, I loved sharing about my life and our roller coaster of events that have brought Rob and I even closer.  Would I change one thing about my 20th?  For sure my weight and maybe a really good wrinkle cream to work some miracles.  But would I change the friends that we still talk to from my graduating class ("The Gang"), and the memories we've made since 1990 and WAY before.... not for a minute!   

No comments:

Post a Comment