Saturday, January 9, 2010

Emily's wish

3 girls= barbie dolls, Hannah Montana everywhere, painted nails, lots of dresses, broken hearts (or breaking hearts!), very high car insurance,  and the list goes on and on!  But today, Emily's wish is to get her ears pierced.  Fortunately for her (unfortunately for us), she's a very focused and determined child that once she gets her mind set on something, she doesn't give up until she gets it.  Great asset for later in life, huh?  But we're talking in the here and now.  And right now, Emily wants pretty diamonds in her ears.  How long do we hold off?  Here's what we're up against:




She decided to try to convince us that she was ready to get her ears pierced by writing all the reasons, and then she writes 11 ways to prove to us that she is ready and we are to pick 4 for her to succeed in to prove she can do this.  She glued on pictures of earrings she liked and then asked a neighbor friend to write tips about getting your ears pierced.  If the poster wasn't enough, she left me a note that read:
Dear Mom,

I love you so so so much.  You are so so nice to me.  You are very "sweat."   When is my "frist" game I play with cami?  Katie said she would get her ears pierced with me.  I love you,
Emily
Pretty darn cute and pretty convincing...  What to do about Erika that wanted them but made her wait until she was 9...  I think it's more about responsibility and not as much age.  Topic to be continued with Rob and I...   decisions, decisions...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, you have to let her. Wow, that is adorable. I love the pictures of all the earrings.:) I'm sure with three girls things are going to happen at different times with all of them. Good luck. Cant wait to see Emily's picture with her pretty little earrings.

    ReplyDelete