Thursday, January 21, 2010

Er-Bear

I can't believe I just typed Er-Bear and realized she is probably too old to be called that.  So many times when we are out I call her Bear and people look at me a little funny, only to look over at a 10 year old.  The nice thing is that Erika doesn't flinch at the name.  So as long as she'll let me, Er-Bear she is!  I love these two pictures, the one of the small spaces in her room I feel is a total reflection of her personality.  Pretty much sums her up:

I love how as they get older their room starts to take on their own personality as they place their own little belongings in special places only they could think of.  (Ok, yes maybe I'm a control freak!) 
"Dream big" is her little plaque that Aunt Julie got her- because Aunt Julie totally "gets her" with her flair and appreciation for art.  Erika can't wait to got to go to college in Chicago or New York and live in a loft, decorating it very Crate and Barrel-like.  The angel is "Granny," always watching over us, protecting our dreams.  The fancy shoe is Granny's that Grandma Rhoads gave Erika.  She says it fit Erika much better than her keeping it, because Erika loves shoes.  The mini clay pieces are Erika's passion.  She can't get enough of creating new pieces.  She tends to make more for others than she keeps for herself.  She has lots to learn from Aunt Linda, who she completely adores when it comes to the world of "little tiny things."  Her lanyard is from Disney World where she spent the whole week focused on collecting pins from pin traders.  The picture with her and Emily is with Miss Jordan from Drama Club at The Academy.  (Yes, we miss The Academy!)  The picture of Erika in the blue dress is the free-spirited side of Erika, when she's not trying to figure out how to save the whales or end the world's problems, and is her completely adorable, innocent 10-year old self!  Love her like crazy, our Er-Bear!!!



1 comment:

  1. 10...wow. JOshua is still my 'Joshie' :).
    Tell Erika I (and Sam) love little tiny things.

    ReplyDelete